SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Cycling Helmet Integrally Molded EPS Glasses Mountain Bike Accessories Adult Men
- PENN REEL redOR CUP Z
- Z-Man Chatterbait Z-Man Finesse Shadz 4 Inch Soft Bait, Watermelon Red, 8-Pac
- Fox Camolite Accesorio Seguro Equipo Pesca de Carpa
- Butler Bags - All Season Bag - 41 x84 Sleeping Area (-20F to 65F)
- Tactical PACA Body Armor Vest RTH2+D Level II Level 2 Soft Body Armor + Garment
- Mizuno B19-Hot Metal - Big Barrel Youth USA Baseball Bat (-10)
- NEW Portable Griddle Stove Tabletop Cooking Propane Gas Outdoor Camping Camp
- MERRELL Moab 2 Ventilator J06015 Trekking Hiking Outdoor Trainers shoes Mens New
- Tailgate Toss NCAA Washer and Ring Toss Miami
- 1200LM Camping Light Rechageable LED Flashlight 2 Modes Travel Emergency Lamp
- Airsoft Rifle Bag 42
- New MacGregor B61 Knee Shin Guards ADULT Baseball Softball 4 Strap System blueE
- SHIRES EQUESTRIAN ADULT LEATHER HALF CHAPS SIZE SMALL TALL (BRAND NEW)
- 450 750 800ML Camping pure Titanium Folding Handle Coffee Water Cup Ti Mug
- Wetzoot M Z Force 1.0 Full Scubba Suit Size XL New
- SMALL-V Port-a-Field Lining System Kit for Wiffle® Ball
- Bestway Hydro Force Voyager 500 Inflatable Lake Ocean Boat Raft Set w Oars
- Spike Scope 4-12x50with dot beam.,still in box.
- Pow Warner GTX Junior Gore-Tex Snowboarding Skifahren Handschuh black Größe 10
- Buff Mountain Top Balaclava Ethereal purple Adult One Size
- FCS G5 M Yellow Surf Surfboard Fin Honeycomb Carbon Tri Thruster 3 Fin Set New
- Smith Scope SKI GOGGLES Extra Lens Bag SNOW SPORTS orange Solar Lens bluee NEW
- KENDO NAKAJIMA LABEL SAMURAI HAKAMA TOP MARATIAL ARTS UNIFORM SPORTSWEAR _VG
- SELLA SMP VULKOR affare solo 1 pezzo
- Greg Darnel Western Loomis Shank Cathedral Port Bit 5
- Ohlins RXF36 TTX Air - Boost 150mm - 29 27.5+ MTB Fork - 210mm steer - Takeoff
- Shimano Dura Ace 9-speed cassette good condition low miles 12-21 Sram compatible
- Plato SRAM X-Sync 30T 12V DM 3 Boost
- Core Power Hub 28H MTB Mountain Bike disc brake Hubs 4 Bearing skewer Front rear
- Natural Animal Feeds Fünf Sterne Optimum Futter Balancer Pferde Ernährung
- Rapha Team Sky Caps New
- Vittoria - XL Pro - 700 x 33mm - Cyclo Cross Tyre - TNT Tubeless - Fold Up
- WARRIOR GRAPPLING SHIN INSTEP GUARDS-REGULAR-mma pads training striking
- MOUNTAIN BIKE PARTS 4
- Shimano SEPHIA XTUNE S803ML Medium Light 8'3 eging squid fishing spinning rod